Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Do It

So, I'm sitting here attempting to think of something worthy of my first official blog. I love reading what other people are doing or thinking about, but somehow, when I think of what I want to say - it all sounds so self indulgent. While I'm sure the majority of my entries will revolve around my kids, I also am aware that there is much more to me than being a mom. So, I hope I can successfully blend my many worlds into this one concise place. Hmmm.... Cringing at my overactive self-awareness.

I think I'll begin with my kids - they're my safety zone. I'll ease myself into this...



Top 5 things overheard in the Dreon house this week:

5) Mae: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for Disneyland" (Actually this is prayed every night)

4) Ava: "Mom, what do I do if there's this boy in my class who is, like, in love with me?"

3) Eli: (on the phone) "O.K., Dad. I'm ready for hockey. I have my knee pads, sweat pants and nut cup on. Have a nice day!"

2) Mae: (at a Seattle Children's Theater presentation of "Goodnight, Moon") "Mommy, I love this! It's just like the Backyardigans!"

1) Eli: (to Mae) I have to set up the back story on this one first. After running out of milk at dinner, Eli lifted his shirt and attempted to nurse from his own nipple (not the first time...) When he was unsuccessful, he told Mae "You're getting pretty big (she's a bit on the chubby side). I bet you can start feeding people pretty soon!"



Something new every day! I look forward to sharing this with you.



Go under the mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment