Wednesday, August 5, 2009



Well, I haven't proven to be much of a blogger... I think because I figure I'm the only one who reads what I write (and I guess I don't even technically do that), it doesn't matter if I keep it up. However, there is something to be said about journaling or even recording one's thoughts for posterity. Without taking myself too seriously (blessed self-forgetfulness - is that even possible?), I like to see where I've come from, how my thought process has changed, articulate what is going on in my head... I also love reading other people's blogs. Perhaps I feel a bit less like a voyeur if I engage in my own blogging every once in a while!

With that said, here is my update. I Love Summer. I don't know if I could ever get enough. It reminds me that I love my kids and that they're some of the most incredible gifts I've been given. I always begin to wonder why I don't homeschool them - they're so much sweeter when they're away from school friends! But then I think of the incredible education they're getting at their school and I'm thankful for partnering with others and being part of a community that stretches us and challenges us. But as for summer, I love a slow paced morning, spontanity, summer camps, listening to the kids play together, late dinners, vacations, going to the beach, spending time at my parents house on Camano, riding bikes, no play dates (is that bad?). It's just Peace.

This week, A is at a horse camp on the most beautiful piece of property against the Issaquah River, right at the base of Mt. Si. I would move there in a heart beat if I could. She fed animals, rode bare back down the river, played with farm animals, inner tubed down the creek - all day long. I'm so completely happy for her! It's her dream come true and it makes me thrilled beyond anything to give her this opportunity.

E is spending the mornings at basketball camp with the most encouraging and enthusiastic coaches I could ask for. He wishes that it was "over night" camp (even though it's over after 2 hours) and he lead both of his sisters in camp songs while they took a bath tonight. So sweet.

Unfortunately, M bears the brunt of this week. We are spending almost 4 hours in the car every day, and she's along for the ride. Someday it will be her turn. Until then, we've got a lot of books on tape, cd's and coloring books.

So, there's a brief update of what we've been doing. We've got one more trip ahead - another go at Cannon Beach. Let's hope for no trips to the ER this time.



Go under the mercy.

2 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to read about your sweet children. They just couldn't be any more adorable!

    I know what you mean about blogging...I like to think of it as a virtual baby book of sorts. :)

    Have a wonderful time at Cannon Beach!

    One more thing - I made your yummy Mexican Lasagna last night for guests...every single person wanted your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to read about your summer and your beautiful kids. Please blog some more!

    ReplyDelete