Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Over the past weekend, we celebrated my birthday, my dad's birthday and E's birthday. His celebration is actually still going, since when you turn 5, you get a lot of parties. Tonight marks the conclusion to the festivities. He gets to choose the restaurant tonight, and I must admit I was hoping for someplace that brings you a piece of cake and sings an obnoxious birthday song after dinner. I do not want to make another cake! Perhaps I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make something cute. Plain cakes are much simpler, but they're just not as fun! But, I think E is leaning towards Q'doba, so no song and dance there. We'll see how I spin the "no cake" birthday party tonight...

I've been thinking a lot about how I want this next year of my life to be. I guess it's not wholly mine to decide, but here are my goals:
1. To grow in grace as I grow in age
2. To love those around me more
3. To teach my children to be frank and fearless
4. To give more Compliments
5. To live with the "tension" of life in a poised state of equilibrium - I read that once, and I like the picture...

So. Quite a year ahead of me. Part of me would like to fast forward to see where I am at the end of the year, but I guess that would ruin the surprise.


Go under the mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment