I guess I could also title this, "Things I love about my kids." I absolutely adore my kids and I love that they're in 3 completely different stages. It makes me appreciate where they are, where they've been, and where they're going.
A went away for her first over-nighter (2 nights in fact!) to an Outdoor school with her class. I was so proud to see how she handled herself because I know that when I was a 1st grader, I probably didn't have the confidence to be away from home - and actually enjoy myself! She came back feeling so grown up, and slightly sassy, which we're working on.. I'm thrilled that she's growing up so beautifully. I see so much of myself as a child in her, and my prayer is that she grows up balancing the perfect mixture of femininity and fearlessness. I get to spend the night with just her on Saturday night at my parents' beach house for a little much-needed rest and time reconnecting.
E is as entertaining and witty as ever, but I'm seeing a new side to him. He is getting excited about school and his new ability to solve problems and figure things out. We've been working our way through the mountains of Legos he received for his 5th birthday and I was so impressed when he was able to build a 4x4 all by himself, carefully pouring over the manual, step by step. There was a time, not too long ago, where he would have run out of patience after 2 or 3 minutes.
M is proving to be a great mix of both A and E's personalities, which means she's all over the place. My favorite moment with her this week occurred when we were in line at the grocery store. As a backstory, I made a new mix for my ipod for the gym. My music tends to be pretty depressing (as evidenced by the fact that E was walking around the house singing, "I woke up and wished that I was dead..." What do I expect when the group is called The Weepies?) So, I figured I needed something a little more high energy. The kids love listening to my music, so while we're paying for groceries, M was singing at the top of her lungs, with accompanying dance, "All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies!" (Beyonce - yes, I have a campy side). I joined right in - without the dance.
So there's my weekly roundup. I love my kids.

A went away for her first over-nighter (2 nights in fact!) to an Outdoor school with her class. I was so proud to see how she handled herself because I know that when I was a 1st grader, I probably didn't have the confidence to be away from home - and actually enjoy myself! She came back feeling so grown up, and slightly sassy, which we're working on.. I'm thrilled that she's growing up so beautifully. I see so much of myself as a child in her, and my prayer is that she grows up balancing the perfect mixture of femininity and fearlessness. I get to spend the night with just her on Saturday night at my parents' beach house for a little much-needed rest and time reconnecting.
E is as entertaining and witty as ever, but I'm seeing a new side to him. He is getting excited about school and his new ability to solve problems and figure things out. We've been working our way through the mountains of Legos he received for his 5th birthday and I was so impressed when he was able to build a 4x4 all by himself, carefully pouring over the manual, step by step. There was a time, not too long ago, where he would have run out of patience after 2 or 3 minutes.
M is proving to be a great mix of both A and E's personalities, which means she's all over the place. My favorite moment with her this week occurred when we were in line at the grocery store. As a backstory, I made a new mix for my ipod for the gym. My music tends to be pretty depressing (as evidenced by the fact that E was walking around the house singing, "I woke up and wished that I was dead..." What do I expect when the group is called The Weepies?) So, I figured I needed something a little more high energy. The kids love listening to my music, so while we're paying for groceries, M was singing at the top of her lungs, with accompanying dance, "All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies!" (Beyonce - yes, I have a campy side). I joined right in - without the dance.
So there's my weekly roundup. I love my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment